PAY TAXES ONLINE AND PROPERTY INFORMATION CLICK HERE
The Assessing/Treasury Department is charged with compiling tax information, collecting property taxes and payments for goods and services.
Assessing/Treasury Department City Hall
111 East Nine Mile Road
Hazel Park, Mi 48030
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
**Effective May 1st, 2017 Friday hours will be 9 am- 1 pm.**
- The Hazel Park Board of Review will meet at City Hall, 111 E. Nine Mile Road, Hazel Park MI 48030. Scheduled appointments are as followed:
- July 20th | 9 am - 5 pm
- Please call toll free 1-888-350-0900 ext. 82337 or 248-858-2337. Hardship appeals will be heard. Applications are available in the Assessing Office.
FOR DELINQUENT TAXES ONLY
Every payment. Every time.
- Cash payments can be made at 7-eleven, CVS, Casey's General Store, Family Dollar and Ace Cash Express using a PayNearMe barcode. Please call the Oak County Treasury Department at 248-858-0611 to receive a barcode.
- Barcodes can be printed or sent electronically via SMS text or email
- Taxpayers will see the option to select at which retailer they want to pay but can always change to another.
- The cost to the taxpayer is $4.99.
- All fees are netted out prior to settlement into your bank account.
- PayNearMe initiates an ACH credit to fund Oakland County on the second business day after the payment is completed.
- View payments, settlement and reporting in the PayNearMe Portal.
- All outgoing SMS text messages contain the option to opt-out and PayNearMe will not send any additional messages to that phone number unless RESUME is sent to 88288.
Additional Resources: Oakland County Web site
Summer Taxes are payable July 1st thru August 3 1st without penalty. Beginning September 1st there will be a 1% penalty applied to the tax bill each month. Postmarks not accepted.
Winter Taxes are payable December 1st thru February 14th without penalty. Beginning February 15th, a 4% penalty will be added to the winter tax bill. Postmarks not accepted.
March 1st all taxes are turned over to Oakland County Treasurer's Office. 248-858-0611
For the Month of March a revised bill is required to pay all tax payments to the County. The revised bill can be picked up at our office during normal business hours.
To make payments by phone, please call 1(877) 859-9832.
Statement of Services: The City contracts with the Assessing Department at Oakland County for the appraisal of all real estate and personal property for property tax purposes on an annual basis.
Also, homeowners who legally transfer their property into a trust must file a Property Transfer Affidavit or risk having their Taxable Value uncapped. The uncapping of the taxable value may cause an increase in property taxes. Mail or bring in the completed form to:
111 E Nine Mile Rd
Hazel Park, Mi 48030
(Top of Page)