If you are interested in volunteering with the construction of the new Scout Park Playground during the week of June 10th - June 15th, please click here to fill out a volunteer form so that we can add you to an email list that gets sent out every Friday.
After you fill out a volunteer form, please click here to pick a shift or shifts that you can work. This will let us know many volunteers we still need each shift. It is essential that you add in what time you are working so that we know how many people we have per shift, per day.
Here is some important information for everyone to know looking to help out during Build Week:
- Here is the information we were given during Organization Day for everyone to keep in mind:
- Shifts are 8 am – 12 am, 12:30 pm – 5 pm, 5:30 pm – Dark | Monday June 10th – Saturday June 15th .
- Residents can sign up for shifts directly at the link above! Please follow the tabs at the bottom of the document to pick what time and day you can volunteer! Feel free to sign up for more than just one shift as we need volunteers each day.
- Food: Lunch and dinner will be provided each day for all volunteers. Lunch will happen at 12 pm, and dinner will happen at 5 pm. Breakfast will be coffee and donuts every morning. We want to ensure that our team is being well fed and are completely energized!
- For students: Only 10 years and older may be on the construction site. Children under the age of 18 years of age may not use a power tool except for students coming with a teacher from the high school. Ages 10 – 13 years of age must always be with an adult during the shift. Ages 14 – 17 years of age do not require an adult. Students under 18 that are not with a teacher group can help with moving items, lifting, mulching, etc.
- Small Team Builds: We will need a small crew on Saturday and Sunday BEFORE Build Week, so June 8th and June 9th, that will assist in site set-up and prepping for Leather’s arrival on Sunday, June 9th. We are looking for 40 volunteers per day for this weekend before Build Week. If you are interested in assisting with this, please send me an email letting me know.
- Call-A-Thon: We will be having a Call-A-Thon the week before Build Week to confirm attendance and work on getting more volunteers signed up. Please reach out if you are interested in this as well.
- Construction & Tools:
- Captains: We are looking for Construction Captains to assist throughout the week with building. We need about 10-12 Captains PER day. Captains will oversee small teams, spending one whole day on-site aiding with projects and managing people. They do not need to be skilled on power tools, but if they are, it is much appreciated as it will save time for demonstrations. If you are interested in being a part of the build by being a Construction Captain and managing a team of people, please let us know as well! Currently, we have 6 Construction Captains signed up, so the more the merrier!
- Tools: Tools are still needed for this project. Again, I am attaching a list to this email with what tools we need. DPW can be contacted regarding tool questions and/or tool drop-offs.
- Artists are needed to assist with painting different designs and images on the playground equipment. We have a small committee already formed to help design the images, so if you are interested in assisting with this aspect of the project, please email STUDIO WERQ at firstname.lastname@example.org to meet to discuss design ideas and possible materials needed.
- Free childcare services will be provided during Build Week thanks to the Hazel Park School District! The dates for this FREE childcare are July 10 - 15th, 2019. While there is no cost for this service, we do ask that you pre-register your child(ren) so we can plan accordingly. Children must be ages 3 and up and MUST be potty trained. All areas of the sign-up form will need to be completed for your child(ren) to attend during the build days of Scout Park.
- You can sign up your child for childcare by following the link found here.